The 8-week MBSR (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction) program is the most established and recognised mindfulness program in the world. It was developed by Dr Jon Kabat-Zinn in 1979, at the University of Massachusetts, Center for Mindfulness in the US. For over 40 years, MBSR has imparted individuals mindfulness practices to reduce stress, increase happiness and improve health. Research studies conducted on mindfulness-based training have shown that it leads to increased self-awareness, emotional and attention regulation; and reduces anxiety.
- Learn the essence of mindfulness and how it works
- How to live in the present
- How we can respond appropriately instead of reacting impulsively
- Learn to perform a series of formal and informal mindfulness practices:
- Body scan
- Mindful movement (yoga)
- Awareness of Breath practice
- Loving Kindness practice
- Mindful walking
- Mindful eating
- Mindful of daily activities
- Practise mindfulness to
- Cope with stressful experiences at work or at home. As well as pain and illness.
- Concentrate and work more efficiently
- Manage difficult emotions like anger, fear and anxiety
- Communicate more calmly
- Applying mindfulness in daily life.
Classes can be in-person or online.